Need some last minute Mother’s Day ideas?
Here are a few suggestions from Wildflower:
- serendipity needles- these are the fun needles with polymer tops; flowers, fruits, sheep, etc.
- baabs with or without cable needles and repair hooks- from Lantern Moon, baabs is the sheep in the lower left corner, holding the scissors and cable needle.
- 365 stitches a year calendar- and great calendar for every year.
- tape measures, sweater stones- shown here is a turtle, but again from Lantern Moon, there are many others available
- needle felting kits- not shown in the picture but a great idea for a gift!
All of the above are fairly inexpensive purchases ranging from $6-$25.
and lastly, here’s a recipe (that reminds me of “my” mother) you might enjoy…
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL NO-BAKE COOKIES
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan. On medium heat, bring to a boil for one full minute.
Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter (optional), vanilla and oatmeal.
Drop by spoonful onto wax paper. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.